Looking into my personal stores of sustenance, you find a variety of unhealthy sodium ridden snacks and such. A box of 'Nilla Wafers, Cheez-its, Oreos, Easy Mac and a few varieties of soups, chocked full of sub par noodles and enough sodium to dry out the entire state of Rhode Island. You also will find a case of XXX Vitamin Water I was forced to waste my last seven swipes from last quarter because of neglecting to efficiently use them. On a healthier side, I also have some fresh fruit of the citrus variety and an odd cup of yogurt or two. This whole collection is finally capped off with my two addictions; chewing gum and coffee.
Now, based on the assumption that your food reflects your attributions, you would probably be left to assume that I am an out of shape, lazy college student who doesn't sleep and drinks coffee and chews gum like they're going out of style. Now, these assumptions are, of course, false, but I do believe your diet, especially snacking, can possibly reflect your own attributes. For instance, you may notice that none, or little, of my food would be defined as breakfast material. This is because having lots of breakfast food means you usually wake up early. The notion of me waking up early is entirely false, instead preferring to awake around nine or ten in the morning with a few rays of late morning sunshine glowing through the cracks in my curtains.
The notion of defining oneself by one's consumption is kind of a presumptuous thought in my opinion. For instance, I happen to like pretzels a lot, but don't have any (a travesty if there ever was one), so you would have never known that I had a fancy for them if I hadn't just told you. Also, trying to place qualities on people from their possessions is sort of judging isn't it? And judging is bad, mmmkay? It is related to a thing we call prejudice, and take a look at history, or in our modern world, to see how well that has served society. In case you have lived in a cave for the majority of your life, prejudice sucks, and humanity will be better off when it is gone.
Now, if you actually wanted to get to know someone, you would do more than check out their cupboard right? Even though it at times can be a struggle, human to human communication remains popular. Having friends, acquaintances, and significant others is a large part of our daily life, and cannot be undervalued. So go on, open up the fridge door and get to know the people in your life better.
My YouTube Video of the Day:
Brohemian Rhapsody
Also, check out Internet People
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great post! I really liked the tone you used when writing this post.
ReplyDeletealex, i apologize for the grammatical error(s), its kinda my thing... ;)
ReplyDeleteanyway, I have seen George Washington, i watch vids that both you and spence fav. or rate to see what they are, so I saw it within hours of you making it a fav.
Nice blog post, it actually made me laugh because of the sarcasm and tone you used to describe each event that correlated with the foods in your fridge.
ReplyDeleteGood post, I like how its presented to the reader.
ReplyDelete