Well, it appears as if Time Warner Cable has seen the light, for now:
http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20090416/ap_on_hi_te/tec_metered_internet
This however doesn't mean that the debate is over. This article is quite current, just last Thursday (04/16/09), so more information is sure to come. Here is another article similar to the first that gives a slightly different view. This article is from last Wednesday (04/15/09):
http://www.betanews.com/article/Tests-of-Time-Warner-broadband-cap-rescheduled-debates-continue/1239815400
These talk more of delays and less of completely shelving the issue. What is their plan? To let it go for a few months and hope that people forget about it? Take a look at this quote from the first article by Time Warner Cable's CEO Glenn Britt
"It is clear from the public response over the last two weeks that there is a great deal of misunderstanding about our plans to roll out additional tests on consumption-based billing,"
Misunderstanding? Really? I think it's quite simple, and I firmly believe that everyone that is in a test market would agree. I think the only misunderstanding here is Time Warner Cable not listening to their customers, and I'm certainly not alone in that belief.
Lastly, I am sorry for partially misinforming you with a blog that was a little behind the times. Although this debate is not over, it isn't quite the hot issue it was before I saw this article. It is my mistake for not checking before posting. Continue to keep updated though, as this could change again. Thanks for reading.
My YouTube Video of the Day:
Inspired Bicycles
^^^completely blew my mind, everything in it
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment